Sunday, May 27, 2012

Summer Six Flags Fun!

When I think of summer, I think of Six Flags! For years growing up, I would get a season pass and spend many days riding all of my favorite rides. (Although my favorite ride, Toms Twister is no longer at the park!).

There is SO much science happening at Six Flags - or any theme park for that matter - that I can't possibly tell you all about it here! Newton's Laws of Motion, gravity, inertia and potential/kinetic energy are just some of the "science stuff you hear about in school" that you can experience at theme parks!

Screaming Eagle, Six Flags St. Louis

So, next time you're blazing down the first hill on the Screaming Eagle - think about all the forces that are in play that keep you in the car - keep the car moving and cause you to feel like you're stomach dropped!

Visit here for more roller coaster fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment